Aug 2, 2012

Chicken tetrazzini

On my night to cook, I made Chicken Tetrazzini. It's my friend Lisa's recipe, and it's delicious. This is probably the first year at the beach that kids came up and wanted seconds of my main dish ... they really liked it! I may make this "my" meal for future years, since it went over so well. I made three 9x13s for our crowd, so I had to use three times the ingredients. Yikes! Lots of stuff.


As usual, This Famous Food Blogger forgot to take a picture of her own dish. And I had a really hard time finding a picture of one that looks remotely like this one does ... or a recipe that's identical to it anywhere. The closest in appearance was at My Recipes, but their recipe was substantially different.




CHICKEN TETRAZZINI

3/4 box spaghetti noodles
2 cups chicken broth
1 can cr mushroom
1 can cr chicken
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce (optional)*
2 tbsp onion flakes
2 cups cheddar cheese
1 chicken or 4 breasts

Boil chicken and remove from bone. Set aside. Save broth. Boil noodles. Drain and set aside. In saucepan saute onion in butter. Add 2 cups broth, soups, and remaining ingredients (half of cheese). Heat until cheese is melted. Layer noodles, chicken pieces and then sauce in a 9 x 12 casserole dish. Sprinkle 1 cup cheese over this. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

I noted the worcestershire sauce as "optional" because, even though I bought it, I forgot to actually put it IN the casserole when I made it. And no one seemed to notice or care.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...