Apr 8, 2010

The real reason that I scrapbook

These days I feel



like everything is a blur.



That the time I spend with my kids



contains isolated moments of near-clarity



but mostly it's all just a blur.



And I'm worried that one day



the blurs



will be all that I can remember.



So I'm trying hard



to find a moment or two of stillness



in each day



so that in 20 years when I look back



I'll be able to remember their faces, these skies, these times


a little more clearly.

7 comments:

Erin said...

Don't you know it's rude to make a pregnant woman cry?

Sarah T. said...

Beautiful.

crigs said...

mmmm...i loved this! Passed it on to a few moms I know :)

Laura and family said...

Loved this post so very much. Thank you for sharing!

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

Awesome.....

RLR said...

Loved this!

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

Thanks for all the positive feedback, ladies! Crigs, so glad you came out of the woodwork to comment. ;) I didn't know what I was going to write when I sat down to write this post, but it turns out that in very few words, I found myself making the point I guess my heart wanted to make.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...