Aug 8, 2012

More for my dress-up doll

I know all you people who have girls are probably way over this. As are the people who don't have kids and/or don't want them. But SURELY there are a few people out there who want to see what I was just able to pull out of the closet for my own personal dress-up doll to start wearing.

I can't believe she's in 18-month clothes already!

And BOY do I have some cute stuff. I guess I'm pretty partial to stretchy cotton stuff, mainly because (like both her parents and two of her brothers) Amelia's head is firmly above the 100th-percentile mark.



Stretchy cotton allows me to get things over her head without eliciting screams.



And I pretty much gravitate toward the brighter colors.



 I love how her skin looks next to the vivid colors.



I bought a couple of things off of zulily a few months ago, including this outfit. Don't ask me what I was thinking, getting a white shirt. I NEVER do that. I'm sure I'll regret it.



 But I won't regret the bright bloomers.



As I've mentioned before, we've been fortunate to get so many hand-me-downs, and I've done lots of consignment shopping. This adorable Lily Pulitzer dress is a hand-me-down from our niece Kim and her daughter Abby.



I adore it, and Amelia's already worn it twice! It's got the cutest detailing on the little pockets.



The other day, realizing we were super-low on Summer 18-month clothes, I took Nick and Jake with me to Kohl's to pick up a few more outfits. They each picked a couple out. I think this was one of Jake's picks.



We have to have enough clothes for her to wear for at least a week, since we only do laundry on the weekends. And then we have to have three to four outfits in her cubby at school, too.



I'm a little worried about what I'll do once she gets to the age where girls' clothes get ugly, because THAT AGE IS COMING. I've seen some of the stuff out there for older girls. GAH.

But for now, I'm always happy when I find a cute little printed cotton dress that will fit over her head AND reminds me of, oh, Hawaii.



Everything I found at Kohl's on Sunday was between $6 and $7, because it was all 60 percent off. And since we're in Alabama, she'll be able to wear even this sleeveless stuff into October.



Ask me how much I love this ruffled brown-and-white tank with zebra-print shorts with a pink bow.


Answer: SO VERY MUCH.

This one is really similar to another brown-and-blue outfit she wore up until a couple of weeks ago, but it's a bubble instead of a dress with bloomers. I mean, Internet. I can't wait to see her chubby little arms poking out from beneath those ruffled shoulder straps. HOLD ME BABY JESUS.



Here's one Nick picked out, although I like the top better and I think he chose it solely for the capri pants.



Nick does love an embellished pant.



This last one was Nick's proudest pick: from afar, it looks like simply a cute pink gingham dress.



But it actually has some, um, sparkly threads shot through it, so it's a little shiny.



THAT is not my sort of thing. But he was so excited about it, he was literally hopping in the aisle, asking to get it. So we did.

Along with the sparkly thread and taffeta along the hem.



She will be Pretty in Pank.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the blog. I'm a stalker :-/ But, btw, that's not zebra. . . It's GIRAFFE : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...