May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to me

Yesterday the family let me stay in bed until 10:42 a.m.! It was glorious. I had gotten up and was getting dressed when Nathaniel came in the room.

He put his hands on his hips and said, "WELL. I guess we'll have to make you waffles for SUPPER instead!"


Oops. I guess they were planning to make breakfast for me. Maybe next year! Sleeping in was an even better gift.


Here are some questions I posted last year or year before last, and when a friend posted them online last week, it reminded me I needed to pull them out again. This time, Jakey was old enough to participate!

1. What is something I always say to you? 

Jake: "Happy!"
Nicholas: "I love you."
Nathaniel: "I love you."

2. What makes me happy?

Jake: Pictures!
Nicholas: When we give you cards.
Nathaniel: When you are with us.

3. What makes me sad? 

Jake: Crying.
Nicholas: When I say I hate you or I don't like you.
Nathaniel: When you aren't with us.

4. How do I make you laugh?

Jake: Like this: "Ha ha ha ha!"
Nicholas: When you tickle me.
Nathaniel: When you tickle me.

5. What was I like as a child? 

Jake: A baby!
Nicholas: You looked a lot like Sarah Ellen.
Nathaniel: Not pregnant.

6. How old am I?

Jake: 8!
Nicholas: 37
Nathaniel: 36

7. How tall am I? 
Jake: BIG!
Nicholas: 5 foot 6 inches
Nathaniel: Aha! 5 foot 4 inches

8. What is my favorite thing to do? 

Jake: Cut with scissors!
Nicholas: Play with us.
Nathaniel: Be with us.

9. What do I do when you're not around? 

Jake: You are downstairs!
Nicholas: Go to sleep or lie down.
Nathaniel: Be sad.

10. If I become famous, what will it be for? 

Jake: Saying sorry!
Nicholas: Having the most kids.
Nathaniel: Having the most kids.

11. What am I really good at? 

Jake: Bejeweled!
Nicholas: Skateboarding.
Nathaniel: Having babies.

12. What am I not very good at? 

Jake: Cutting!
Nicholas: Crawling under the bed.
Nathaniel: Getting us to school at 6:15.

13. What do I do for my job?

Jake: Cut!
Nicholas: Work with money.
Nathaniel: Project manager.

14. What is my favorite food?

Jake: Vegetables!
Nicholas: Fruits and vegetables.
Nathaniel: Waffles.

15. What makes you proud of me? 

Jake: Wiping!
Nicholas: I don't know how to answer that.
Nathaniel: Everything.

16. If I were a cartoon character, who would I be? 

Jake: Anakin!
Nicholas: An old woman. Just kidding! Somebody's mom.
Nathaniel: A mommy.

17. What do you and I do together?

Jake: Ride in Mommy's car!
Nicholas: Have fun.
Nathaniel: Play.

18. How are you and I alike? 

Jake: We're two Jakeys!
Nicholas: We both have brown hair and brown eyes.
Nathaniel: Both of our hairs grow quick.

19. How are you and I different?

Jake: You wear clothes and I wear PJs!
Nicholas: You have a laptop and I don't.
Nathaniel: You're a girl and I'm a boy.

20. How do you know I love you? 

Jake: Kisses! And hugs!
Nicholas: When you say you love me and when you give us cards.
Nathaniel: You say you love us.

21. Where is my favorite place to go?

Jake: On flying horsies!
Nicholas: Not McDonald's. Um, Zaxby's.
Nathaniel: Not to work.

3 comments:

Sewconsult said...

Priceless! Love Jakey's answer: Wiping!
Beckie

paige said...

Wow...Nathaniel has you pegged. I love that kid. They are all precious.

Rachel said...

Awesome! Although I don't know if all of those answers say "Happy Mother's Day" or not..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...