Nov 17, 2009

An open letter to Twitter

Dear Twitter,

I regret to inform you that I think you've been hacked.

Last Friday, I received an e-mail in my inbox titled "Amy Grant (amygrant) is now following you on Twitter."


I thought to myself, "I follow Amy Grant -- the famous singer -- on Twitter, and that's her Twitter name. How odd."

So I clicked through to see what was going on, and I found that Amy Grant (THE FAMOUS ONE) was indeed following me. From her Verified account. Here is what I looked like at that moment:


Clearly there has been some kind of mistake. I've given her several days to realize that she made some sort of mis-click. I mean, if she's smart she's already figured it out on her own ... unless she's interested in weather conditions on local soccer fields and could benefit from Tweets like the one I sent from my phone on Nov. 12: Wiping mud off my ankles at Nathaniel's soccer game. Ida dumped more rain on the fields, and they're a MESS!

But seriously, Twitter, you really ought to run some QA on your site and make sure nothing's amiss. I'm relatively certain you've been compromised.

Sincerely,
Katherine (@grass_stains)

3 comments:

Sewconsult said...

Why not Amy? I am following reading your blog. I find you funny, talented & just a bit sarcastic...make that alot sarcastic. My kind of gal! Common Amy...join in the chatter.

By the way, Amy & I live in the same county in TN! I was even parked in front of her at the airport when we were being dropped off for a flight. She's a nice person.
Beckie in Brentwood, TN

Sewconsult said...

That was suppose to say "Come on, Amy".
My fingers typed faster than my brain.

Sabrina said...

You are hilarious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...