Jun 11, 2009

I'm rising in the polls

The Big Boys have had some prints on the wall above their bed for years now, and I decided that since they're growing up and have interests outside of what I wanted in their rooms, it might be time to switch them out with something more to their liking. Here are the old prints:


And here's what I ordered off of eBay to replace them with:




They're six Star Wars prints. (Mommy rules!) I ordered them from a store that features an artist who does airbrush-and-ink paintings, then sells signed, numbered prints. They really were reasonable (unframed) at about $16 each, and he gave me a "volume discount" when I e-mailed and asked about purchasing multiples. I had to wait until I had the money to frame them, and the framing was a little tricky because the prints were all slightly different sizes.




While I'd prefer not to have the white linen background showing so much on them, it was necessary in order for them to all end up being the same size framed. After living with them for a few days, I've decided that ultimately I might go back and have them black out the white linen, either with a black mat or something else, so that it's not quite as noticeable.


I WAS able to recycle the old prints in the boys' bathroom. Even though they are matted in navy and the bathroom is a lighter blue, I think the colors coordinate well.




And here's a peek at how the boys responded when they got their first look at the new art:


This is particularly important, because last weekend Daddy was voted "Favorite Human," so I have to do SOMETHING to catch up.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

You're as bad as me.....ssshhh the baby is sleeping! Cute pictures.

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

I love it! The blues look good together....I like mixing different shades of the same color.

Love the video...too cute! And the sneezes at the end made me laugh! Have a great day!

RLR said...

Mommy-of-the-Year for you! And the other prints look GREAT in the bathroom.

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

Thanks, Ladies! They are still loving the prints. And I'm getting used to the old prints being in the bathroom ... the blues are blending more to me now.

Sarah T. said...

That's awesome. And I love how they both sneeze and then rub their hands all over their faces. I think it should still be socially acceptable to do that into adulthood; it just feels more satisfying to do that than to use a Kleenex.

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

SET, I know. We Hiltons are klassy like that. Nathaniel is actually excellent about sneezing into the sleeve of his shirt 95% of the time to avoid passing the germs. I guess the absence of shirtsleeves that day (they were in their swimsuits) was a distraction. At least he used the quilt ... blech.

Patrice said...

How cute that Nick was more concerned that the old prints were safe and sound than admiring the new ones. It's like he had to know they were still around before he could enjoy his new treasure. And shwoo, they were in the bathroom, new awesome prints over the bed, and once again, all is right with the world.

Erin said...

Star Wars is a great idea for boys! I want a little boy because I found the cutest star wars bedding that my husband would wish would be on his bed :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...